In the early years, factory director A. P. Kolehmainen lived in one end of the house. From around 1911 to 1914 the other end was occupied by engineer K. V. Koskimies who was a partner and a specialist at the Paloheimo peat fuel factory. Decades later, the building and the times of Koskimies living in the building gained historical glamor. The sister of Koskimies’ wife, Alli, who often visited the house, later married Juho Kusti Paasikivi and became the first lady of Finland.
fter Koskimies moved out, that part of the house was initially occupied by factory employees, mainly unmarried people who happened to need a place to live, until office manager Martti Pasanen moved in. Later A. P. Kolehmainen had the entire house to himself.